Need an Injury Lawyer for a Kentucky Bicycle Accident?
When you put on your helmet, gear up, and get ready to go on a new adventure with your favorite bicycle, you don’t want to think of the consequences of sharing the roads with other drivers as you do the thing you love most. However, every year, bicyclists are forgotten when drivers fail to notice them on the sides of the roads, leading to catastrophic accidents that end in injuries and deaths. Sometimes, these accidents are caused by the riders themselves when they are not paying attention and ride out in front of drivers. Other times, they are caused by the drivers who fail to watch out for the safety of riders, who happen to be some of the most vulnerable figures on our roadways. Those who ride a bike are vulnerable to a variety of accidents because they are offered fewer protections to those inside motor vehicles. If you’ve been injured, we want to help you in your time of need.
When You’ve Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident
Have you been injured in a serious bicycle accident and now you are left with injuries and no way of paying the medical bills that keep piling up as well as many more aspects of your life? You are not alone, as many riders fall victim to these serious accidents each and every year in the U.S. You want to know how to protect yourself and your rights after you have been injured. Here are some ways to do this:
- Make sure that you and your bicycle are removed from the roadways because you don’t want another accident to occur and put you in harm’s way.
- Make sure that you speak with witnesses who may have seen the accident happen from start to finish. Not only do you want to obtain contact information from all drivers and passengers involved, but you also want the same info for witnesses.
- Collect the license plate number from the party that caused your injuries.
- Do not attempt to negotiate a settlement number at the scene of the accident, because you could be bargaining over something that could end up causing you trouble if you later find out that your injuries are more severe. Don’t cut yourself short and kill your case from the start, or try to apologize for something you didn’t do.
- Talk to police officers who show up to the scene of the accident. They will be able to take account of everything that happened in your accident in the police report. This could help you build your case later on down the road.
- Keep a journal of events. This journal will help you show how you suffer on a daily basis since you have been injured by the other party.
- Seek the help of an experienced attorney during this time so that you can retain your rights.
Moving Forward After Your Accident
You’ve been injured in a bicycle accident and medical bills have been piling up, plus you haven’t been able to return to work because your injuries are long-term and have kept you from doing so. Those who have been injured in bicycle accidents tend to have serious injuries like fractures, broken bones, head injuries, road rash, and more. Because of this, we understand that you could be suffering financially and physically, and need help getting back on your feet. We can help you recover damages for every bit of compensation you are owed since your accident – from lost wages from not being able to work and medical expenses from treatment to emotional suffering you may feel since you have been injured. Let us help you every step of the way and gain the compensation you deserve during this difficult time.